Home Maintenance Checklist
Your home needs regular maintenance and occasional repairs to stay in tip-top shape. This season-by-season guide is a helpful resource to keep your home in order throughout the year.
Spring Home Maintenance
When spring arrives, focus on the landscaping projects you were putting off during the winter months.
• Clean debris and leaves from gutters and downspouts. Install gutter guards to prevent clogging.
• Touch up damaged or peeling paint
• Wash all windows. Check for cracks or damage to weather stripping.
• Fertilize your lawn
• Check basement for any water damage from winter weather
Summer Home Maintenance
In the summer, focus on projects that ensure your home stays cool and comfortable.
• Change your heating and ventilation filters.
• Check HVAC unit
• Install new windows if possible
• Clean attic and storage spaces to keep your home free from clutter
Fall Home Maintenance
As fall arrives, begin to prepare your home for cooler weather and possible winter storms.
• Clean debris and leaves from gutters and downspouts
• Inspect your roof and chimney for visible damage
• If possible, have a professional inspect your roof to ensure it can withstand the fast approaching winter weather
• Check HVAC unit
• Check windows and doors for cracks and damage to weather stripping.
Winter Home Maintenance
In the winter, focus on projects that increase your energy efficiency. This will help save a few extra pennies here and there throughout the cold winter months!
• Clean or replace furnace filters
• Inspect doors, windows, and crawlspaces for any possible unwanted air flow
• Cut hanging tree limbs and shrubbery surrounding your home to avoid potentially serious damage in inclement weather