Outdoor Fabrics Inside Out
Your choices for outdoor fabrics are no longer limited to the stiff, acrylic fabrics of the past, new styles and technology have taken outdoor fabrics to the next level. The result is fabric with more flexibility, that look like they belong in a showroom, but offering low maintenance, stain resistance, durability and fade resistance.
With outdoor living spaces expanding and decorating budgets shrinking, replacing outdoor furniture can put a dent in your wallet. Try a makeover with a new outdoor fabric to save your furniture, assuming it’s stable and savable. If the furniture itself is rough looking but still usable, consider spray painting it to give it a new lease on life.
Choose an outdoor fabric to recover or make cushions and throw pillow for a new look for your old deck furniture.
- Since teak and wicker are some of the most popular outdoor furniture materials, and they are usually neutral colors – add a splash of a bold print or bright color.
- If you’re looking for elegance and your garden or landscaping it up to the task of taking center stage, choose a more neutral fabric for coverings.
- Consider curtains in an outdoor fabric to turn an open porch into private retreat, and keep out bright light and hot sun in the process.
- Bright hues in yellow and green give a cool look to summer style, while oranges and reds bring warmth to an outdoor fireplace when the weather turns chilly.
Outdoor fabrics have become so durable and attractive, consider them for use in high traffic indoor spaces as well.
- That sofa in the family room may be just right for outdoor fabric upholstery to protect it from kids and pets – that stain resistance works inside as well as out.
- Transition rooms such as foyers and mud rooms make good use of the durability of outdoor fabrics as well.
- And don’t forget Fido, pet beds are perfect for outdoor fabrics and sure outshine what’s available in stores that’s sure to clash with your décor. Make your own using memory foam and an outdoor fabric covering for a stylish and comfy lounger for Fido. Make sure the cushion has a zipper so it can be washed.
- As for children’s playrooms, outdoor fabrics offer much needed durability and stain resistance to weather any rainy day indoor playtime.
The key is durability and low maintenance for using outdoor fabrics from the porch to the playroom.