If you’re in the mood to set the mood to romance in your bedroom décor, check out our most romantic looks for the bedroom.
- European décor makes you think of romantic vacations in the south of France, or an evening on the gondolas of Venice. European décor doesn’t match up the bedroom furniture, they mix and match stained woods, iron and painted wood. Try an iron scrolled headboard with a pair of painted nightstands and a rich mahogany dresser to get the look.
- Throws, fluffy duvets and luxurious linens create a romantic atmosphere. Opulence, whether real or the illusion of, is key to developing romantic décor. Sheets with high thread counts and a silky feel with rich fabrics such as silks and velvets are mood setters in the bedroom.
- Of course, chandeliers add to the opulent look, consider a chandelier over the bed or one over each nightstand for a look of luxury and drama.
- Nothing says romance like hot red walls – but do you dare try it? Only if you both like the idea. Warmer colors such as yellows and oranges also add spice and warmth to the room. If red wall are too much, add red accessories.
- Window treatments can add a feeling of romance and privacy if you layer the look. Blinds or shades with light control and privacy can be covered up with panels and valances to add luxurious layers.
- Soft lighting adds to the mood. Lights set on a dimmer certainly help, as do candles.
- Fresh flowers always are romantic and give a date night feel to bed time. Try red roses of course!
- Four poster beds and sheer canopies lend to the look of a romantic vacation getaway. The sheer canopy is a low budget, easy addition to the bedroom. At the foot of the bed, consider a soft upholstered bench, it’s perfect for holding a tray for the champagne!
- If you have a television in the bedroom, hide it away. Use an armoire or entertainment center with doors to keep it out of sight and out of mind. Opt for a cd player for romantic music instead.
Consider all five senses when decorating a romantic bedroom, sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. Opulence and luxury are key to adding romance, but it can be done easily on a budget with color and accessories.